Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dead to You by Lisa McMann

Goodreads Summary:
Ethan was abducted from his front yard when he was just seven years old. Now, at sixteen, he has returned to his family. It's a miracle... at first. Then the tensions start to build. His reintroduction to his old life isn't going smoothly, and his family is tearing apart all over again. If only Ethan could remember something, anything, about his life before, he'd be able to put the pieces back together. But there's something that's keeping his memory blocked. Something unspeakable…

May be spoliery if you haven't read it sorry!



My Review:
First of all I have to say that I love Lisa McMann’s books. This one is different from the usual paranormal or YA that I read but, I have read most of McMann’s books and loved them so I had to get this one! This book truly broke my heart. Ethan’s life before he found his family was not something that we wish for children. It’s no wonder he blocked his memories. I felt for him instantly. It was also interesting to get to read from a boys point of view. I have only read a couple like that. I went through such a range of emotions during this read. From happiness to sadness to heart break.

I loved Cami in this book. She was a lovely girl. But, my favorite secondary character was Gracie. She was adorable and quite the comic relief at times. It really had all the elements of an interesting family dynamic. Tension when Ethan returned home and happiness. Him trying to have a relationship with Blake and Gracie. Also he was trying so hard to be who is parents remember. It's a lot to put on a 16 year old boy who had lived homeless for a while. It was interesting how it all played out.

The ending made me say WHAT!!! While I was reading. I didn’t see that ending coming and it took me by complete surprise. I was really hoping they would elaborate more after the bombshell of an ending. This is a stand alone book so I will have to make due. I really enjoyed this book, it was a great fast read that kept me wondering what was going to happen next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment