Sunday, April 29, 2012

Indelible (The Yara Silva Trilogy #2) by Lani Woodland

Goodreads Summary:
Yara is beginning to understand just how much her life will change now that her Waker abilities have emerged. She has come to terms with the fact that seeing ghosts is part of her life, but she isn’t ready to let being a Waker dictate her choices. All she wants is a ghost-free senior year with her boyfriend, Brent, and her best friend, Cherie. But Yara soon discovers that there are more dark secrets in her school’s history than just the curse she broke. While an angry ghost makes Yara question everything she thought she knew about spirits, she and Brent learn that there are long reaching consequences to last year’s adventures. As new enemies emerge and old ghosts resurface, Yara finds herself in the center of another deadly mystery, and this time she has to contend with the living as well as the dead.


My Review:
I dove into Indelible right after reading Intrinsical. Indelible picked up right where Intrinsical left off. Yara returns from a summer in Brazil with Vovo. She is still undecided on whether being a Waker is something she wants to pursue in her life. It's kind of a big decision for someone so young considering it will be your life! Ghosts are still scary in this book too. Well, maybe crazy would be a better word haha. You will know what I mean when you read it. We also get to see a group that I was hoping we would get to see!!! Yara's abilities are also put to the test here. We got to see what Vovo could really do and I am glad to say that she is a kick butt woman! I was really surprised by the extent of Brent's abilities. However there are reasons why he is a tad more powerful. Again, you need to read to find out about this! I was so immersed in this world that mirrors bugged me at night haha! 


There were times I found myself saying "NO! Don't do it" and "Seriously!" and "It's about time!" out loud while I was reading. Lives, family, and love are threatened in this book and Yara is forced to make life changing decisions. 


I am so glad this book did not go into the love triangles!! I really liked Brent from the first time Yara laid eyes on him. He was really perfect for her. They compliment each other so well. It has to be one of the cutest romances I have read in a while. Their relationship is tested in this book....I liked the way the book ended. I can't wait until the 3rd and final book comes out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment