Sunday, July 15, 2012

Trying to Score by Toni Aleo

Goodreads Summary:
Fallon Parker’s dream was to have her family’s wine company at the top of all wine magazines and to have a cellar of her own. After graduating from college, she has worked hard to make that dream a reality, even if that meant having a nonexistent love life. She had her chance at love and that was a bust, so she put everything into the wine company. After becoming the official sponsor of the Nashville Assassins, Fallon finally feels like everything is falling in place, that is until Lucas Brooks comes back into her life.


Lucas Brooks hates his life. He is lonely, he is sober, and he is angry. On the ice, when he’s not in the sin bin, he the leading scorer in the NHL but off the ice, he is a mess. He threw away the most important person in his life, and has regretted it ever since but when Lucas sees Fallon again after being traded to the Assassins; he is bound and determined to get her back. Even if she wants nothing to do with him.


The sexual tension between Fallon and Lucas is electrifying as Lucas tries to convince Fallon that he is a changed man. Fallon tries to resist Lucas, but it is so hard when all her body wants is his. But when Lucas finds out that Fallon has been keeping a huge secret from him, the game he is playing stops and penalties are called.


With new rules and new players on the ice, will Fallon and Lucas be able to work out their differences and work as a team or will they be left trying to score alone.


My Review:
I read this book in a day and had to put my reviews up of book 1 and 2 on the same day because I couldn't put them down. Fallon's story was so different from Elli's but, I still felt connected to her! She was an amazing person and someone to look up to. I'm so glad that we still go to see Shea and Elli too. It was great how everyone kind of interacted. It's a more real life romance rather then a crazy one. It didn't start out as anything I thought it would. Fallon has a broken heart in the beginning and someone from her past is coming back into her life. Which turns her life upside down.


Lucas is not your typical hero male hero in this romance. He has some issues and kind of a rocky past. I kind of felt bad for him throughout this book. But I also saw the situation from Fallon's point of view too. They both had valid points. He was so sweet to her even when Fallon wasn't easy to handle.


I really enjoyed Fallon's sister as well. She seems like an awesome sister! Her and Fallon have such an awesome relationship. I have never had a sister but, if I did I would want her to be like her. An honest yet supportive person. I actually got teary a few times while reading. I blame the sweetness/cuteness of Aidan! He was probably one of my favorite characters!


I can't wait for Empty Net to come out! I need to read this book. I can't wait to read about Audrey's story. It should be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment