Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #19


Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly post put on by Dani at the Pen to Paper blog. Where you post a book you really really want to read or one that has been on your wishlist! If you've seen my to-read list on Goodreads then you know there are plenty that I could use. So I decided to use this feature every Wednesday.




Title: The Iron King
Author: Julie Kagawa
Release Date: February 1, 2010
Series Number: 1

Goodreads Summary:
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

My Thoughts:
I chose this book because of how long it has been on my wishlist. Mostly because I am trying to decide if I should read the series. I have read a lot of reviews and people have mixed feelings. I hate love triangles and it sounds like this one has one. That worries me. Sometimes they end bad or I like the other guy more. I don't like that in a story. So I wanted to ask you guys. Is this series worth reading???? I need help deciding this!!

6 comments:

  1. I've also been wanting to read this series! It looks great, but has been on my TBR list along with my other 275 wishlist books..lol. I hope you read it and enjoy it!
    Here's my WLW:
    http://andreaheltsleybooks.com/2012/10/17/wishlist-wednesday-15/
    Cheers
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books (entire series) have been on my WW a few weeks back, I hope we both get them soon! :)

    My WW
    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book on my kindle and I should really get round to reading it as I finished Julie Kagawa's The Immortal Rules today and loved it, so I would love to read some more of her stuff! it looks so good so I hope you get a copy soon :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-13_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really into fey books, but I've heard so many good things about this series. I say go for it!

    My WW: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series :D! I really hope you get a copy of it because it's awesome!!! Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about this! I might have to put it on my TBR pile.

    My WW: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete