Sunday, April 7, 2013

In My Mailbox #24


In my Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kirsti, over at The Story Siren. It's a way for bloggers to share which books they received. I am hoping to do this every week, unless I have a slow week!

I tried a different format for this week. I added the summaries for each book. That way you know what the heck I am reading haha. So let me know what you think.

E-ARC
Goodreads Summary:
“There is a vulnerability there, hovering just below the surface. And I want to pick at it until I expose it. Then I want to kiss it."
   Two years ago, Emily Burnham, had an epiphany about the shallowness of her life. And she made it her mission to become a different person…a better woman. Out from under the controlling thumb of her mother, Emily is tasting the real world for the first time. And she likes it.
  Nixon Caldwell has served his time in the Marine Corps, surviving two brutal tours in Afghanistan. He is back home, surrounded by what he likes best…isolation. It's certainly the best way to avoid confrontation of the consuming guilt that is weighing him down.
  When an accident brings Emily and Nix together, he soon learns he is not the master of his own fate. Struggling with his own pain, Nix tries to guard himself against Emily’s charms. He wants her in his bed, but he doesn’t want her in his heart.
  Having grabbed life by the horns, Emily wants it all. But is she willing to accept just the small part of himself that Nix is offering? Can she reach the part of his soul that he has
deemed to be Off Limits?

Purchased/Won
Goodreads Summary:
  Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with  the crow feather in her hair. . . .
  Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.
  Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything—her family, her future—to be with him. When she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter.
  With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.

Goodreads Summary:

  Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.
  Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.
  The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.
  Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.

Goodreads Summary:
  College junior Ariel Richmond is working on year three of Project Normalcy.
  Her house reeks of keggers past and her bestie is just a slight bit vulgar. But the thing is—they both aid in making life refreshingly uneventful.
  So much for hard-earned mediocrity when Luca Grinaldi appears on the scene.
  Luca’s sudden presence on campus is hard to ignore. Those bright eyes act like a beacon to unsuspecting females, and with features like his, he’s got to be moonlighting for GQ. Luca hopelessly captivates Ariel with his confidence and charisma, but the mysteries surrounding him make him nearly untouchable. And just when Ariel grows close enough to unlock his secrets, a tragic event sends her life in a downward spiral.
  That steady life is no longer an option and allies quickly become scarce. The mysterious Luca seems to be the only one willing to help her—but with that trust comes the burden of his secrets. He has a dark mission of otherworldly proportions, and is willing to sacrifice as many lives as it takes to see it completed.
  Gone are the days of simply maintaining normalcy, and if Ariel isn’t cautious with her trust, so soon may be her future.

Follow on Bloglovin


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding the Blurbs. Off Limits sounds good. Old Follower

    Happy Reading
    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about Tiger Lily, going to check that one out myself!

    Hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul!
    I've heard good things about Tiger Lily, and that Jennifer L. Armentrout is a good author. Hope you enjoy all of them.
    I liked the fact that you included blurbs as it allowed me to know something about the books, and not just oogle the covers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! I really loved Tiger Lily and I hope you do too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo Tiger Lily is in my TBR pile and I'm excited - I've heard amazing things!

    Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl! Short list (like mine lol), but all of those look great! Tiger Lily is on sale - I might get it :D I hope you like Apollyon! And Off Limits looks... yum! The Crimson Hunt has a beautiful cover. I hope you enjoy all of those! :D

    Check is my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard amazing things about Tiger Lily, but I ham a bit nervous to read it. I think it is an emotional read. Hope you enjoy all your goodies. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my IMM! You received a few books I've been eyeing up including The Crimson Hunt and Off Limits. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy Tiger Lily! I have't read it myself yet, but I have read many wonderful reviews.

    Thanks for dropping by my IMM, and happy reading (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice book haul!

    My IMM - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/in-my-mailbox-22.html

    ReplyDelete