Thursday, June 27, 2013

Persephone's Orchard by Molly Ringle

Goodreads Summary:
The Greek gods never actually existed. Did they? Sophie Darrow finds she was wrong about that assumption when she's pulled into the spirit realm, complete with an Underworld, on her first day at college. Adrian, the mysterious young man who brought her there, simply wants her to taste a pomegranate. 


Soon, though she returns to her regular life, her mind begins exploding with dreams and memories of ancient times; of a love between two Greeks named Persephone and Hades. But lethal danger has always surrounded the immortals, and now that she's tainted with the Underworld's magic, that danger is drawing closer to Sophie.





My Review:
I was lucky enough to be approached by the author to do a review for this book. Of course I was instantly interested given my love of all things mythology related. This was the most creative take on Hades and Persephone's story  have ever read. I absolutely loved it. The reincarnation into new bodies was brilliant. We got to see an Underworld like we never have. Through Persephone's and Hade's memories we got to see and learn about the Underworld through them. There was so much to take in and the writing was done in such a way that I could picture it. The back and forth between now and past memories was done great. I didn't feel like the story stalled or flowed badly. I loved this story of Persephone and Hades and I never thought I would say that! 

Sophie is your average teenager who is going off to college and trying to adjust to being away from family and her boyfriend. She barley gets to college and things take a turn for the crazy. She is pulled into an alternate universe where she meets Adrian. Who tries pretty hard to convince her he isn't a stalker. Things for Sophie will never be the same after that. She is now plunged into a world of magic, love, and danger. Not everyone likes the idea of immortals being able to make more and alternate universes. Things get dangers for Sophie's life quickly changes from normal to not normal. She has to make important decisions that could potentially change her life forever. Will she be able to give up her family and her life for love? Will she ever be safe again? 

Hades is described as the hottest version of him I have ever heard. I am completely, 100% ok with this. He isn't evil like in other depictions of him. The world is set up so well that I felt like I really go to know him. All the description and past flashbacks were definitely needed to understand this version of the story. The romance was great. I didn't feel like it was rushed or forced. Very tactful. I loved Sophie and Adrian. They were amazing together. You will see why when you read the book!

If you like Mythology at all you must read this book. It was one of the best mythology/romance books I have read. I would highly recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I'll definitely be adding this book to my to-read list :)

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the great review - I'm so glad you liked it! The e-book will be on sale for only 99 cents starting tomorrow for two weeks, so I hope some of your readers can take advantage of this great deal. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete