Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Goodreads Summary:
Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...


Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.






My Review:
I finally read it! I have had it so long and I finally got to it. I wish I would have sooner too because I loved it!! I really like mermaid stories. They have always fascinated me. This one turns out to be a little different then your average tale though. Galen is the prince of the Syrena and Ambassador to the Humans. He literally runs into Emma one day. Emma has the same color eyes as him. Which is interesting because they are violet. After that encounter as well as a dangerous with a shark Galen inserts himself into Emma's life. He needs to know if she is like him. She can talk to fish which makes her even more special. Galen has to try to act human and get to know Emma. This ends up being quite the funny event. Will Galen be able to convince Emma of her true self? Is she the one that could save them all?

I really liked Emma. She was a great female character. She went through some intense stuff in the fist part of the book. With Chloe and the shark attack. She is strong and even when Galen seems indifferent towards her she still is willing to work with him. She is not like the Syrena. She is outspoken and does not take orders. It takes her a while to feel comfortable with what she might be. She doesn't just accept it right away. Will Emma be able to cope with these life changing events?

The pull between Emma and Galen is obvious! They kept trying to pull away from each other and it just didn't work. There is something special between them. Unfortunately, there is always politics when your dealing with Royals. They are so cute around each other. They do have a few heated moments too. Even if one is not with Galen. I loved Galen's sister Rayna and her mate Toraf. They made the story even better. 

Great characters, secrets, and romance...what else could you ask for?!? I immediately purchased Of Triton after finishing this one and can't wait to start it! It is one of the best mermaid books I have read so far. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book. The sequel is really good as well. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete