Tuesday, December 24, 2013

All for You (The 12 NA's of Christmas) by Marquita Valentine

Goodreads Summary:
Bully. Tormentor. Lover.
West Diaz has been all of these things to me. 
After being gone for two years, he's back, begging for my forgiveness. And not just my forgiveness... He wants more.

He wants... Me.












My Review:
I was sucked into West and McKenzie's story. I think a lot of people can relate to being bullied. I for one can. I think that is why this novella struck a cord with me. It sucks be tormented in high school. What happened between West and McKenzie only made it worse for her. She was crushed by what he did to her and I don't blame her at all. She had her heart ripped out. I don't think you ever get over that. Then West turns up later in her life and tries to make amends. Old habits die hard and McKenzie is skeptical of West. Especially with Charlie in town too. Will McKenzie be able to forgive and forget? Will she give West another chance?

Things are kind of hot and cold between West and McKenzie. They have a lot of issues to work through and West is willing to bend over backwards to prove he is a better man. That he is sorry for what he did to McKenzie. This is an emotionally charged novella. A lot of hurt, pain, and love in such a short read. I both liked and hated West. For what he did to McKenzie. The novella was in alternating POV's and that made a huge difference. I loved getting both sides of the story. These two also had some hot moments. But, when West goes back to old ways will McKenzie look past them or will she be heartbroken forever? 

This was the first book I have read from this author. I intend on buying more of her books after this one. It was such a great read I couldn't put it down. I read it in one evening and am left yearning for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment