Monday, December 23, 2013

Die For Me by Amy Plum

Goodreads Summary:
In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.


Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

My Review:
I have waited a long time to start this series. I'm glad I started this series! I will be reading the rest or sure. Die for Me is truly a unique story. I haven't read anything like this one. Kate has been through a lot in her life. Her parents died and she moved to Paris to live with her grandparents. I can imagine that would be one of the hardest things to live through. Losing your parents...I can't even imagine that pain. She lives her life in books and at coffee shops. I feel like I could really relate to her. Her life was ordinary and quite. Until she met Vincent. Vincent lights up her life a little bit when she is surrounded by darkness. She starts to feel normal again. But, something isn't right. Especially after his friend Jules, is killed and Vincent doesn't bat an eye. Will Kate be able to deal with Vincent's secrets? Will her and her family be safe associating with them?

There were lots of great characters in this book. I loved Jules, Ambrose, and Charlotte. Georgia, Kate's sister, was also a fun character. She deals with her parents death differently then Kate does. She is a social butterfly who enjoys clubs. While Kate is more of a wallflower. They are polar opposites, apart from the fact that they both care about each other. They are all each other has left. The scenes are described so nicely in the writing. I have never been to Paris but, I loved the way the author described the city as well as the French words thrown in. Just perfect!

I thought the relationship between Kate and Vincent was great. I didn't feel like the rushed into things. Kate actually considered how dangerous it would be to actually be with Vincent. She didn't just throw caution to the wind and jump in and for good reasons. She could be put at risk and going through what she would have to is a lot to consider. It was a growing romance that I loved!

I am definitely going to be reading the rest of this series. I am hooked and will be getting the next book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment