Sunday, August 2, 2015

ARC Review of Strong Enough by M. Leighton

Goodreads Summary:
Is she strong enough to trust the most dangerous man she’s ever met? And is he strong enough to let her? 

How would I describe myself? Well, I’m Muse Harper. I’m a twenty-something painter who loves red wine, quirky movies, and men with a fatal flaw. But that was before I met Jasper King. He became my fatal flaw. Eight months ago, I had a choice to make—abandon everything I’ve ever known to protect my family, or stay and risk someone getting hurt. I chose the former. My plan was working just fine until I found out my father had gone missing.

That’s when I met Jasper. A bounty hunter with the eyes of a tiger and the nose of a bloodhound, he was supposed to help me find my father. What I didn’t know was that meeting him was no accident. Hunting people isn’t all that Jasper does. And helping me was only part of his plan. I just wish I’d found out sooner, before my heart got involved. But even then, I don’t know if I’d have done things differently.


Now, I have another choice to make—trust the man that I’m falling in love with and hope that he’ll do the right thing, or run as far away from him as I can get.

My Review:
The beginning of this book is absolutely gripping. It will suck you in and leave you wondering what is going to happen to Jasper. He did not have a good childhood. He saw and went through things that he should not have had to. It was seriously intense. You will realize right away why he is a bounty hunter with a very select group of skills. He is a good man who has done some bad things. Which Muse see's in him pretty quickly. Muse is trying to find her dad who she hasn't heard from in a while and that is not normal for them at all. She hires Jasper because he is the best at what he does and if anyone can find her dad it's him. She has no idea what she has signed up for however.  There are secrets between her and her father that she knew nothing about and they are HUGE secrets! This trip is quickly turning into something Muse could never prepare for. Will she find her father? Will their relationship ever be the same?

Jasper and Muse keep their distance for quite some time. Jasper knows he is not the right man for Muse. He is dangerous and has a tainted soul. He doesn't think he deserves to be happy and have someone like Muse. He is a broken man with so many insecurities. Muse sees right through him though. She knows that deep down he is a good man and cares about others. That he is capable of love. These two take some time to get hot and heavy but, when they do look out. It is intense. Although Jasper feels it is just physical, Muse has other ideas. She has strong feelings for Jasper despite what she says about him. 

I really enjoyed this book. M. Leighton just keeps getting better and better. I loved the mysterious parts of the book. It was like a murder mystery at certain points. So much was happening that I never saw coming.  I love that about books. When I can truly be caught off guard! This is a must read people!

No comments:

Post a Comment