Sunday, October 25, 2015

ARC Review of Manwhore Vol. 2 by H.M. Ward

Goodreads Summary:
When billionaire Sean Ferro crosses my path it's my job to destroy him. His crimes are horrific and there's no way I'm letting him walk away from them. Whether he wins or loses in court is irrelevant. I'll destroy any chance he has at a happy life when this is over, whether he lands in a jail cell or not.

The arrogant bastard is more beautiful than I thought. He sits there, day after day, closed off and quiet. Dark hair pushed out of his face, and those blue eyes staring into space, unseeing.
I assist the prosecution and twist his silence into apathy, steadily twisting the image of a broken man into a disturbed monster. I destroy him completely well before the end of the trial. Society hates him. And so do I.

But one night will change everything. One chance encounter shows me my mistake. This isn't something I cant change, so I offer the only thing I know he needs--me.

My Review:
Volume 2 brings to light how Sean started to have the "needs" that he has in The Arrangement series. It is so interesting to be getting such a great view of Sean. Why he became who he is. Paige pushes Sean to the absolute limit, a limit he didn't want to break. She did it. Sean is not very happy about this. Not even a little bit. Let's just say that he get's to repay Paige for what she did to him. You think you know what I am talking about but, you have no idea. Will Paige get what she needs from Sean? Will she be able to help him?

Paige has issues. She has needs that need to be met or she is simply not satisfied. She has some serious issues. The trial is completely int he background of this story. It is there but, not really the focus at all. It is just...white noise really. These two have a very weird kind of chemistry but, it seems to work well for them.

I am loving this series. You guys will go crazy for volume 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment