Monday, December 14, 2015

ARC Review of Broken Promises by H. M. Ward

Goodreads Summary:
When Celebrity Magazine declares rock star Trystan Scott the sexiest man alive, I'm not surprised. How can anyone claim otherwise about those blazing blue eyes, rock-hard abs, dark hair, and a totally lickable dimple?

Before the billionaire playboy rose to stardom, we were friends for a while and lovers for a night. Though that was nearly a decade ago, our connection burns brightly in my memory. We weren't a one night stand, not to me.

I can admit it--I got played. To him, I was just another conquest. My beautiful best friend is long gone, and I've moved on. But when fate forces us to meet face to face, everything I felt for him comes rushing back.

Trystan is crashing and burning fast. The press flock like vultures, waiting for him to kill himself or worse. Either way, his mistakes earn them millions.


One night, one time, one word is all it takes to wash away a decade of reason and regret. One secret threatens to push him six feet under, and, when those beautiful eyes turn to me for help, how can I say no?

My Review:
I have been waiting for the conclusion of Trystan's story forever!!!! I was in love with his story. His teenage hears with Mari were seriously some of my favorite books of all time. A lot of time has passed for these two. After Trystan broke Mari's heart they went their separate ways and started living their own lives. Trystan as a rock star and Mari as a doctor. When one fateful night they are re-united. Not in the way your thinking either. In a way that seriously had me questioning how the book was going to go. After the initial shock faded I really got into the book. The other series by H.M. Ward where Trystan appears had me soooo curious as to what happened to these two and we finally get to find out! Can Mari ever trust Trystan again or will he always be the love of her life that broke her?

The relationship these two had was so beautiful. Built on trust and love that I thought couldn't be broken. I was wrong. Trystan did a pretty terrible thing to Mari. She didn't deserve it and it's pretty obvious she never got over it. It still plagues her everyday. She is trying to move on with her life, even has fallen for a new man. A man she "loves". A man who looks a lot like Trystan! Mari and Trystan have some moments. Moments that made me long for their past relationship. I give a lot of credit to Trystan, he held back in situations that I was begging him to push forward! They have some come to Jesus conversations and decide to just be friends. Which is not easy for either of them or Mari's boyfriend.

I went back and forth between Mari's boyfriend throughout the book. I liked him, then I didn't, then I liked him again, then I didn't. Back and forth the whole time. He was a rock stuck in a hard place. How do you compete with someone's soul mate? By the end I really didn't like him. The side story with Mari's room mate was great and I loved it. It added so much to the story.

This book was an emotional roller coaster. I experienced so many emotions. There were a lot of curve balls too. I was like OMG WHAT!!!!???? There may not be a cliffhanger but, H.M. Ward can still leave you shocked. I am sad that this story has ended and I hope we still get to see Mari and Trystan in other book series. This series will always have a special place in my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment